Frequently Asked Questions
What are your policies?
I am following the current recommendations from the CDC, the FSMTB (Federation of State Massage Therapy Board) and the North Carolina Massage Board and have implemented these measures of protection, cleaning and sanitization.
1) Please wear your own face mask upon entering the building and in all common areas. Please let it be one that goes around the ears and doesn't tie in the back.
2) I will be wearing a face mask when I greet you and will continue wearing a face mask during your treatment.
3) I ask that each client either wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer provided before we start the massage.
4) I have stepped up cleaning and sanitization after each client, including all touched surfaces in the treatment room and bathrooms.
5) If you think you have been exposed to Covid or if you do not feel well, please cancel and reschedule your massage.
* If you're running more than 10 minutes late, please call or text me at 310-922-9738
* I ask that you cancel or change your scheduled appointment within 24 hours to avoid being charged 50% of the session amount
* Although, if you're feeling sick or have a fever, please reschedule your appointment with me (with no cancellation fee)
Where are you located?
1312 Broad Street
Durham, NC 27705
My office is located in Durham, NC near the School of Science and Math
* please park on Broad St. or in the back of building and walk around
to the front entrance.
*There is a small white sign in front with a lotus flower.
What are your hours?
*by appointment only
*other times may be available, please message me or check my online scheduler HERE
What should I know about or expect during my session?
For your first massage session with me, try to arrive 5-10 minutes early to fill out a short health intake form.
I always give you exactly 60/75/90 minutes of hands-on time and I don't deduct time for dressing/undressing, etc. so expect to stay an extra 15-20 minutes or so after your appointment time. Try your best to allow time before and after your massage to relax, and not to book too closely to other engagements.
I'm a new client, can we chat on the phone before I feel comfortable booking an appointment with you?
Absolutely! In fact, if you are a new client and not a referral, I prefer for us to have a quick conversation on the phone before meeting in person. This is not only for your comfort, but also so that I can be sure we are a good fit.
What are your rates?
60 minutes: $95
75 minutes: $110
90 minutes: $125
*You can find more pricing and specials on the Massage Therapy Page, or by clicking HERE
What forms of payment do you accept?
I accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AmEx, PayPal, and Venmo: @opal1312
Are you licensed?
Yes! I've been practicing massage therapy since 1997 and have an NC state license as well as National Board Certification.
NC license # 15572